Sunday, June 23, 2013

25/52: A Portrait Project

An attempt to capture the spirit of my smallest baby Georgette, by documenting her in a photo every  week         for a year. See more at Jodie's 52 Project.  


One of the best things about having kids is dressing them in hand-me-downs, especially ones that hold special memories. Georgie is at the end of a long line of local little girls, so her wardrobe is an eclectic mish-mash of pre-loved goodness, and somebody at the school drop off is always having a nostalgic moment remembering their own child in some part of her outfit. This coat came from my old friend Sal, who wore it in the early 70's. Right now she is pregnant, so this coat will wing it's way over to Lausanne to dress another toddler in a year or two.

Thanks Sal!

4 comments:

  1. It's a fine coat. Almost as good as Georgie's pout x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous coat, and a priceless expression to match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the most adorable coat ever! I can't believe it's actually from the 70's as it looks new and in good condition :-) Too cute! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.