Tuesday, April 16, 2013

School Holidays (Deep Breath.)

I am trying to embrace the spirit of school holidays:  outings, craft, cooking,  together time. ...

But these 3 children of mine. They cannot exit a room without satisfying themselves that they have successfully completed some sort of mission to destroy. They shed glitter and artwork and outfits and apple cores and half-constructed robots everywhere they go.

Exhibit A.



We visited friends on the weekend. I watched their four year-old daughter play with a puzzle and wander off. Business as usual. Suddenly she stopped and said 'Oops!" Back she hurried to pack it up and put it on the proper shelf.

Friends, I nearly cried. How did they breed this creature?

Exhibit B.


School holidays, for me, is an endless, Sisyphean fortnight of tidying the house until it is ready for the children to destroy it again. 

4 comments:

  1. We have the same breed as you. And school holidays start here next week. "Holidays" is something of a misnomer as far as I'm concerned... Bx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Bex. I had a much better day today though. Funny how much the mood of the mama can impact on the whole dynamic. Funny 'sucks' though. Not funny ha ha. xx Now sit down and have a rest!

      Delete
  2. If it's any consolation our place looks a bit like that. Always. I can tell you never let the kids near your super-neat fridge though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I shall go and stare at my fridge for consolation now.

      Delete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.