Friday, April 26, 2013

Oh Dear, There Is Vomit In My Hair.

I'm back from my technology-holiday. It's been wonderful. But I can't write about it yet. I'm too tired.

Georgie and Ted have come down with some sort of vomiting virus, and the thing with babies is that they are new at everything, including good puking technique. They have not learned to run to the bathroom, hand clapped to mouth. They haven't figured out how to look wildly around for any nearby receptacle or pot plant. They don't even turn their head to one side, these babies.

They just open their mouth, wherever they are, and they let the rivers run. So I've been wearing one, and sometimes two, kids as handbags, and I've been decorated with sudden, unexpected stink bombs for three days now. I'm tired and I'm smelly, and I'm back to real life. Spew in my hair, mountains of laundry, and a poor sick little baby just trying to catch a patch of sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I hope it gets better soon and you have some time for taking a nice, long bath and get some sleep afterwards - oh, and perhaps some chocolate, too?

    Fine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.