Monday, March 4, 2013

The Darker Side of Craft

For a couple of months now, every time a box enters the house, it is quickly turned into an 'Indiana Jones boat'. This is a great activity. Each flap of Indy's boat does something cool. One box-flap shows what vehicle it can turn into: a helicopter, a rocket, a plane. 


Ted will always draw a flap of 'killers'. Guns, whips, hammers and swords are carefully drawn in, in case of a monster attack. (I haven't told him about the zombie apocalypse yet.) 


Another flap shows the food button Indy can press. Milkshakes are popular, watermelon and ice-cream cones and cherries often feature, but I'm yet to see Indy order a kale smoothie. 


Making Indiana Jones boats is hours of fun. 


 But it also means that our deck always looks like this.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I can see some Indiana jones inspired transport making an appearance here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the intense look of concentration on T-bone's face in the first pic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.