Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Everyone's a Critic, And I Am Barbra.

The other day I made a joyful discovery while tooling around on Spotify for something to play while I houseworked. I found this Barbra Stresiand Broadway album, and when I started blasting it, my deep braincase remembered all the lyrics - I must have had this CD in an earlier time. It really made my -laundry-washing-up-folding-weeping-in-defeat housework routine a lot brighter.

The next morning, while grumpy children were eating toast,  I said 'Do you want to see something?' and then I turned 'Putting it Together' up to eleven, and threw myslef into a super-cheeseball performance. It was word perfect (if I may be so bold), heavy on the jazz hands, and embarassingly expressive in every way.

Ivy stared, open-mouthed, at the whole show. Teddy looked to one side, both pained and ashamed. I finished with a big  jazz flourish and Ivy cried 'Do it again!" "Never do that again,' said Ted.

Everyones a critic.

Here is Babs doing my number. She is pretty good too. I suggest you add her to your housework.


8 comments:

  1. Aww, I was so looking forward to a video of your performance... I second Ivy: Do it again! And record it for us! Did you wear a headband and wrist warmers? Cause that's how I imagine you looked...

    Fine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No costume required Fine, it's all in the dance really.

      Delete
  2. Ace!
    I cleaned and swept to Bruno Mars today, Locked out of heaven. Not classy like Babs.
    Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh eh, ooooh .

    I love me some disco houseworkin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. Shall try adding some jazz hands to Bruno Mars and get back to you Mrs S.

      Delete
  3. as soon as i started reading i knew it was going to be that song!....off to go look on itunes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough Ted! I second Ivy. I would pay good money to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will do it for you for free when you move home Tori. Maybe three or four times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.