Monday, February 25, 2013

Cupboard Love

Bit by bit. my kitchen is slowly coming together. I spend so much time in this space. Half my life, it feels like. Luckily, I love to cook, to feed, to plan a menu, to dress a table, to create a meal. Perhaps it is my Irish ancestry that makes my heart feel so happy when I look upon a full pantry. That potato famine really sucked apparently. 


This turquoise pantry has been without handles for weeks. I got so used to losing the top pads of my fingers prising open the drawers, that now every time I pull on a handle, I get a thrill at how fabulously easy it is to open . (Just one of the benefits of the lazy approach.)


I love these crazy handles. They might not be Vogue Living...but they are Mogantosh, for better or for worse. And oh god, now I am talking about myself in the third person. Somebody shoot me with the nobby gun. 


Next: to finally paint the cupboards that have been undercoated and awaiting my attention for at least six months.  The clock is ticking! (Very, very slowly.) 

2 comments:

  1. love the nobs ...my nobby friend :) hee hee....im about to try and make a coat and bag rack with mixed nobs... hammered to a piece of wood...these would have done nicely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fab! Love the colour of both the cupboards and the nobs.

    Fine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.