Monday, January 7, 2013

Fire Danger Tomorrow.


There is a catastrophic fire danger warning in place for our area tomorrow. We will be packing some spare knickers and heading out early to Mums place by the beach for the day. 43 degree temperatures predicted!  Terrible fire conditions. Australian summer.

I am looking around our little house and noticing all the hand-made corners that I haven't really written about here. I can't find a recent picture of Keith's bookshelves. You can just see them behind this photo, but they deserve their own post. They are beautiful,  and cover almost a whole wall now.

This is my kitchen pantry/menu board/shopping list/notes-to-self area I painted in November. So far, it is handle-less. I'll try and rectify that this year. Sometime.

Please don't start a fire in the Illawarra, squirrely fire-bug arsonists. We really, really like our little shack.

8 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well and after a relaxed day at the beach you can safely return to your beautiful home. And I would love a picture of the shelves! A wall full of books is such a beautiful sight...

    Fine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fine, I agree about the bookshelves. Will post a pic for you soon. x

      Delete
  2. I'm in the Shoalhaven and Telstra keeps calling me with that new phone warning. Stay cool and safe tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see more of those handmade corners. Good luck with the fires, I truely hope your home and all in the area make it through unscathed. Stay safe! Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda, all handmade corners safe and sound. We have been very lucky, unlike many in Tasmania. x

      Delete
  4. yes please....i love all the household stuff. just sent you an sms...then read this. glad you heading to your mums. hugs and love and take care, see you next week....xox lisa and matilda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.