Monday, December 24, 2012

Thank You.

Home from our holiday, just in time to get Christmas morning party-times ready for the little ones. But before I finish wrapping presents, and eating Santa's biscuit, and ignoring the washing-up on my way to bed, I want to say thank you to this blogging community that I love so much. Thank you all for your support and friendship this year.

This year has been tough, perhaps our toughest yet, as I have struggled to cope with the demands of parenting three kids and keeping a household running. I have wobbled under the heavy backpack of motherhood, I have staggered, and I have lost my footing more than once. I have fallen in puddles, and my pants have fallen down, and I have made my snotty, ugly cry-face, and I have felt overwhelmed and exhausted and  panicky.

But I have also felt elation and incredible joy.  I have felt a deeper connection to humanity in all its forms - somehow, motherhood has bound me all to all mothers everywhere - and a sense of inching closer to the bravery of knowing myself,  warts and all.  I feel changed. I am locked to these kids and this man for my lifetime, and the massive, incredible, wondrous idea of this family of ours is at the centre of who I am.

One foot in front of the other, one snotty ugly cry-face at a time, we step into the future together.

Thank you for sharing this year with me.

video
x

10 comments:

  1. Oh that video made my night. Your baby is WALKING! My god, when did that happen?

    Merry Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking, running, sprinting in every direction...she is off. Love to you and your babies this Christmas V xx

      Delete
  2. Hey Rachie,

    I hear ya sister...toughest year here too...for different reasons ...but the same...the hugeness of family! I also know what you mean by the changing... and the depth of knowing others n life in its wake.

    Thanks for sharing your journey with us...and for always being there to share in our journey too.

    Love and warm tuggles...

    Lis and Tildi xx

    ps. I be down to visit again soon xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toughest year for you yet too Lis I think. A very good year to have old friends... See you soon xxx

      Delete
  3. Thank YOU for sharing with us - and I love the video! Her enthusiasm is contagious!

    Happy holidays!

    Fine

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you for sharing your life with us - warts and all. I hope next year is an easier one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy - I hope so too. I think it will be. Hope yours is a good one too. x

      Delete
  5. Video is so cool. Wish you best luck for 2013. xo
    ~ Herman Swan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often read your blog thinking, "there but for the grace of God..." but next year I shall gracelessly follow in your formidable path. You are an inspiration and I can only hope that next year the universe, in its infinite wisdom, will reward you for all your services to motherhood and for the snotty ugly cry-faces of this year. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.