Sunday, June 10, 2012

One More Sleep!

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Go-go a go-go! Keith has been in the States and I've been solo mumming it. Fish fingers, Masterchef, don't-make-me-come-in-there, exhaustion, newfound respect for single mothers. I feel nervous when he's away. I don't like talking about it online. But he's back tomorrow! Early morning pick-up adventure to the airport tomorrow morning. Ivy has made a big sign but alwasy mixes up her 'b' and 'd' so it reads 'Welcome Home Babby!'

Ted hasn't been 100% well. He's been quiet, listening to his ABBA CD and reading cookbooks. He'll be so happy to see his Dad. Our lovely friend Les has been  especially sweet to Ted as a surrogate Dad while Keith has been gone, but he could really do with some Daddy hugs. (And I think Keith needs to hold his little boy close too.) 

Ivy has been her usual flamboyant,  creative and funny little self. 
Luckily, Nanna has been a massive help. 
Pop too!

Ivy did her reader  with Dad via Skype.

And Geoge, my sweet baby,  has been crawling into every corner of the house, eating like a demon, powering through about three outfits a day and enthusiastically embracing life.

7 comments:

  1. Aaaw, what a cute picture that first one is! The other ones are gorgeous, too, but the first one - oh my!

    Wishing you a calm last night before the return of "Babby"...

    Fine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand being nervous about solo parenting. Practically, I can manage (just, and I've only got two!) but it's the emotions attached to my sense of extra responsibility I find hard. Though I do love the way my heart skips a beat and the sheer excitement on the kids' faces when papa returns. Bx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree Bex. It's like they say about hitting yourself on the head with a hammer - it's almost worth it cause it feels so good when it's over.

      Delete
  3. I'm reading this and by now he's HOME! Woohoo! Now I just hope jetlag hasn't come in to play...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to tell Tan...life with three small kids is like living in a permanent state of jetlag, don't you think?

      Delete
  4. Hi Rach,
    Couldn't resist a note to tell you that your Ivy is looking So Much Like You these days.
    Love, Sush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sush! How are you? I feel I am looking like the Haggis McBaggios this days so thanks for that. Love to Joe and the boys. xx

      Delete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.