Friday, March 30, 2012

Ivy Does A Happy Dance

I've made a decision not to write much here about my big girl Ivy. I'll talk more about that sometime when I have two hands to type with. But she is loving kindy- term one is nearly over! - and today was a big day, celebrating 100 years since her little school opened. The whole school 'family' has been planning and working towards their centenary celebration for a long time. It's really the first event that Ivy has been part of with her new community, and she is so into it.

I made a cake for the afternoon tea. I left it on the bench and Ivy disappeared into the garden. Some time later I saw she had decorated it, with her own special touch.

This morning, she dressed in her old-timey outfit (a lovely, nostalgic moment for Keith and I - it's her bridesmaid's gear from our 20's wedding). She performed 'Land of 1000 Dances' with her kindy class (I cried) and said it was the best day of her life.

Tomorrow night is the parents turn to celebrate. This dinner is at the RSL down the road, one of the dads bands is playing, and a complex set of babysitting arrangements are leaving Keith and I child and even BABY free, to dance, cavort and go crazy, lampshade-on-head style. I am pretty sure it is going to be the best night of my life.

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful! And her cake decorating skills are impressive.

    Have fun on your night out!

    Fine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.