Sunday, January 15, 2012

Home Alone



George is fast asleep and I'm waiting for the rest of my peeps to return from a night away in Sydney. It was my father-in-law's birthday party and I was very torn between going up to celebrate or taking the chance to rest at home. I'm glad I stayed here in the end. My thyroid is overactive again and I've really been feeling strange - anxious and tired and somehow at a distance from myself. I think visiting with lots of the rels - as much as I love them - would have taken energy than I have in the tank this week.

It was sweet having a full day to spend with George though. Reminded me of those times when Keith was travelling to Canberra and I spent a lot of time alone with baby Ivy. Right when I started this blog, actually.

Five years ago.

Holy crap.

4 comments:

  1. She is so g(e)orgeous!

    Glad you had some alone time with her, just hoping your thyroid gets back to working properly soon!

    Fine

    ReplyDelete
  2. its those quiet times one on one that are the most lovely. Nice background cush George. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of love and hoping the thyroid rights itself soon (WHERE DID THOSE YEARS GO???)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.