Thursday, December 22, 2011

Post-Humbug.


Feeling very, very post-festive around here. Is it just the season? My mood? The feeding of a wee fat babelet every three hours making a real 'rest' difficult?

I think I'm going to check my thyroid levels. My fatigue and stressometer is higher than it should be I think.

Still, Nanna is enjoying her new house by the beach even though her smallest grandbaby looks like she's hatching a sinister plot.

Summer is slow in arriving but a cloudy eve doesn't stop one enjoying a sausage sambo down at the beach.
Georgie's first neurosurgery follow-up was very positive (although she's been back at the hospital TWICE since with a tick in her eyelid and a subsequent infection. ) Enough with the drama George! You're the third child and you need attention. We get it.

Ivy and Ted grab the sunshine wherever they can get it; Ivy fully, unnecessarily kitted out and Teddy naked as a bird.

And me and my little ones watched some belly dancing down at the Christmas markets. A moment of quiet in the maelstrom.


At the tail end of three family Christmases and all the lead-up that comes with, we're all a little befrazzled. The tent in Ivy and Ted's room captures the mood around here. I might just crawl in for a little quiet time myself.

4 comments:

  1. The tent picture made me squeak. Really quietly though. Shhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting that quiet time...maybe you could do some laps in the 'pool' to help chill out ;o)
    Glad to hear George is passing the important tests.
    Abbe

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sign - bless! And where can I get me one of those could do with a quiet private space post christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. George is such a boomba- love!! Can you really beleive Ivy starts school in 4 weeks?????? xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.