Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The George Report

Wonderful women of the blogosphere, thanks for your kind and supportive messages. This is Georgie just this morning, in the big bed with her brother and sister. She is recovering really well, despite the fact that in this picture she looks a little like a London gangster I once knew called Billy Braincell.

She is behaving as well as we could hope. No vomiting, excessive dopiness or scary business. We are treating her at home with lots and lots of kisses.

She just smiles and squeaks and demands more milk to build up those chubby thighs. I can't quite catch her lopsided grin on film, but trust me, it could melt ice caps. My heightened adrenaline has subsided a little, and my heart doesn't jump into my mouth every time I look at her and remember what happened.

Now we just wait to have our follow-up appointments with the neurosurgeon and the Brain Injury Unit, which start in a few weeks. Other than that, life goes on as normal, apart from some extra-vigilant protection of Georgie's poor sweet little head. There is no predicting the future, of course, but babies are resilient, she seems to be doing wonderfully and we feel very optimistic.

Thanks again for your kind words.



12 comments:

  1. George is just adorable (and Ivy and Teddy too), and I am so pleased that she is looking like it will all end well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kissing cure, it's the best there is. So glad to hear everything seems to be on the mend. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very pleased to hear she is on the mend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crapola woman, you poor love. Nothing, but nothing, is scarier than something awful happening to our defenceless, vulnerable, little people. Heart and hugs go out to you and Keith and the tiny Mogantoshes
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous. Little gangsta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your children are adorable! Im so pleased to here that George is doing ok. I hope & pray all the tests come back with good results Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Milk and kisses...no better cure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The big scary-soundingness of 'The Brain Injury Unit' contrasts greatly with the soft chubby gorgeousness of those photos.

    I hope and suspect that your optimism is justified. The Stockenses all send you good wishes. And some dinosaurs and mermaids.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Babies are indeed resilient - so are you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. been thinking of you during the week.
    gorgeous George is looking well.
    this is such a calm post - wishing you much calmness and goodness for the next few weeks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been thinking of you so much. So glad to know the smiles are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are in my thoughts daily. So glad that all is on the mend. Lots and lots of hugs and kisses. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.