Sunday, September 18, 2011

Here Come A Little Sun.

Thank you all so much for your advice and support after my last post.

I really am feeling a huge chunk better.

Truly, the unloading of the heavy heart is so therapeutic. I still feel under-fit. I'm tired, a bit odd and shaky at times, and slightly battered. But my overwhelmed malaise of last week has passed for now. Connection - with Keith, with family and with friends, has been a Wiggles Band-Aid to my soul. .No matter how crap I'm feeling, if I can rally my sense of humour, I can handle it. When I spiral to the sad and negative, I withdraw. I feel disconnected with those around me. I lose my mojo.

Gastro will do that to a gal. And also the existential adjusting to the new shape of my life. I came across this Anatole France quote this week: "All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.” Food for thought.

This weekend has been a recuperative festival of sunshine, local fairs, family dance parties, laundry and sleep-ins. The pic here shows Ivy, Ted and Ivy's beloved friend Ava kicking back on the grass at the Otford Fair. Tomorrow I have some more tests to establish just what's up with my quirky thyroid. Wish me luck.

Thank you again, each and every cracking one of you.

10 comments:

  1. Being sick on top of caring for a small child (AND 2 toddlers in your case!) is just a NIGHTMARE!

    I've just had the flu and felt like I could barely cope with just one bubba! You poor thing.

    Sounds like you've got the people around you though! Nice to hear your chin's up again :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you are feeling better & hope you get your thyroid sorted Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote. There is such truth in it. Good luck with the tests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending so much good energy to you and your beautiful brood. Spent four days with my sister and her three under four last week. All healthy, me included. Have never been so shattered in my life at the end of it. I am filled with boundless awe of those who can manage any of it. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you! I'm delighted to read you're feeling better. With some glorious sunshine to top it all off. Best of luck with your test results. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. I have only just caught up with things.

    Hope there is more humour, laughter, chocolate, dancing, sleep in order for you.

    xx
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for huge chunks of better and an impressive array of infant millinery. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quote speaks to me too Mrs M. So it's okay to feel melancholic every now and then, even though one got everything one desired in life? Permission granted! If I could add one thing, it would be to leave the guilt for feeling that melancholy back in the old life too :) So glad to hear you're on the mend xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the thyroid testing. Finding out is the first step. So glad to hear that you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.