Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jinxed

Um..scratch the title of yesterday's post. Make that all's well that ends without Mum getting gastroenteritis... please, in the name of all that is good and holy in this godforsaken universe.

Both Keith and Ivy spent last night vomiting. Ivy is pale but OK today, but Keith, with his battered immune system, is pretty feverish and sorry still. Teddy is fine, and I am washing my hands every forty-five seconds and hoping against hope that I'm spared this round.

The last few days I have been getting very lightheaded though. I see my doc tomorrow, and can ask about it then, but did anybody out there have dizzy spells in their late third trimester?

Pourquoi?

9 comments:

  1. Oh lady. Sending anti vomiting vibes from here. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had dizzy spells late in my pregnancies - down to blood pressure. Yours OK? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, I had dizzy spells in the end and it was related to blood pressure. Hoping for you that you are spared the gastro. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another one that had dizzy spells in my third trimester too.

    Crossing everything for no gastro for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I've been following you for a while but haven't commented yet. I am a doctor and I must say that it is quite common to get lightheaded in your last trimester, especially if you have low blood pressure. If you do, rise slowly from chairs and from bed, and keep your fluids up by drinking lots of water. Take it easy in the day (I know, I know, easy to do when you have two other little ones!) and rest up lots. You may also be anaemic and this is very common. Did you get your blood checked at your routine 28 week check up? Definitely mention it to your doctor so she can check you out properly. Last bit of advice: if you're ever feeling particularly lightheaded sit down and rest for a minute - you don't want to faint while heavily pregnant!
    And keep up the handwashing - thats the best thing you can do to avoid nasty gastro!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another with postural hypotension in pregancy. Though not just at the end. Fingers crossed the gastro stays away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anf I absolutely can't spell pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's time to cut you guys a break. Enough! Surely it's time for the the good health and good things fairy to make a visit to your place? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have dizzy spells.... And wobble ..... Off balance as well as the other wobble

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.