Sunday, October 31, 2010

30 Days Hath Nerd-Vember

My buddies, the posts may be sporadic for the next month.

Keith starts a big 2-year project on December 1st, so he's taken the next 30 days off work. We are using the time to drop out of life. No parties, no dinners, no social happenings. No travelling, no visiting, no jaunts away.

It's time for us to embrace the life of full-time nerdy homebodies. SO EXCITED!

We are hanging out at the ranch, doing a few little reno's, playing with the babies and we are both going to write novels. At least, we are going to write 1000 words a day, pushing ever forward, on two heartbreaking works of staggering genius. Or ill-plotted collections of humiliating poo-poo.

Who knows?

Our novelist careers start tomorrow. Tonight, we've been out for a last hurrah at the Bowlo where Keith won Player of the Year in his soccer team and Teddy wore the full costume of a cross-dressing sailor.

I'll try and update, but if I'm sporadic, it's because I'm deep in another zone.

I'll be back.

Love youse all.

13 comments:

  1. Goodluck with the writing.

    A little nerdy time sounds idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!
    November is the perfect month to do it too. Springtime - yay!

    Enjoy every minute together as a family. It'll fly by...

    Goodluck with the reno's and the novel writing. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break, O Nerdy One.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy hibernation, little bears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a LOT of words! Good luck with your grand plan and enjoy.
    Abbe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful indeed. Looking forward to some word count updates so I can feel nerdy along with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. Are you doing NaNoWriMo for November? Highly recommend it! Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally buying that book :) Will miss you! Write hard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, are you NaNoWriMo-ing? Have a glorious time, my dear. I'll miss your posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the writing....although I'm sure the allure of the sunshine will be a constant distraction (writing always seems like a winter pursuit to me...propped up in front of an open fire & all that)

    Sounds like a great hanging out time without all the running around business.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Rachel, I was surprised and delighted to see your comment on my blog. Particularly as I have been lurking (as I believe it's referred to) on your site for a while now (also via Anna). So I have already met you, in a blogging stalker kind of way. But I shall stalk no more. You have brilliant kids and you write brilliantly about them and all the other wonders and stinkers of life. Good luck with the writing, I wrote a book for the Monster last year. Best thing I ever did (in terms of use of time, not the quality of the work produced, that's for the Monster to judge...) and my next project is one for the little man. I doubt there will be anything of the excrement about what you produce. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Farewell for now, new blogging friend. Really hope you enjoy your lovely family month. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, come back, I only just started reading you! Besides, I just tagged you for a meme. I reckon yours will be a riot to read.

    Well, okay, if the literary world needs you, then I guess it's okay. But if you get writers block...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.