Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ted.com: The Brains Of Children.

I love a good podcast. Sometimes when the kids are engrossed in trashing the joint in some imaginative way, they throw me a bone and let me listen to some beautiful minds as I go about the general business of cleaning up around them.

One of my favourite places to find podcasts is Ted.com, who have some really great twenty-minute rambles by creative and off-beat thinkers. Today they're listing a series of talks related to children's brains. I love, love, love reading about neuroscience, especially all the stuff about the marvellous crazy plastic brain of small people. I can't wait to listen through this series of talks.

2 comments:

  1. Right up my alley - thanks for the link.

    (wishing that my brain was still plastic and I could better remember how to transfer podcasts from computer to MP3)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - looking for good iPod stuff to survive the 90 min each way drive to work (after not working - well not paid work that real grownups do anyway - for over 5 years I too am wishing my poor old brain had some of that plasticity left in there too. Man it is tiring thinking all day and being all professional like).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.