Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Winter Trousers for Ivy and Ted (And Some For You Too!)

I ignored the groaning piles of washing-up and laundry last weekend, and turned my gaze resolutely from the evil, beckoning finger of the plasma screen, in order to sew some pants for the small ones.

It was quite exciting because I'd gone out and bought new fabric - something I rarely do. Usually I rummage through my big stash of random material when the sewing urge hits. But I've had cords on my mind lately, so I went and bought some proper supplies, including a sweet cotton for the cuffs, all butterflies and swallows, and rabbits wearing crowns.



I followed this tutorial, sort of, except where I couldn't get my pattern to match the picture, so I just cut into it until it looked right.

I am slightly disturbed by the fact that when I asked Ivy to pose for a picture she immediately started whipping out the Top Model moves. Complete with leftover face-paint.



The main point in favour of the Von-Trappy matching pants: they pass the jumping test!


I still have fabric, and I'm on a roll, so if you would like a pair of wonky cords for your little one, just leave a comment below (and don't forget to say how old they are.) I'll pick the winner on Friday!

16 comments:

  1. you realise you linked to article about housework and cancer? are you taking the piss or waht. ivy 's super model pose is hilarious! love the pants. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cath...fixed my pointed little 'mistake' now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my mad little hatter would love a pair and I'll even get her to sing Do a Deer on the phone to you...she gets all the words mixed up in songs just like her mummy :)) well done - great pants! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your kids.

    Ruby-Scooby-Doo is 2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have mad sewing skills. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funky!
    Nothing beats brown corduroy.

    My little man is 3 and loves jumping - especially on his bed.
    I even had to turn it into a game to get him dressed into his jarmies at night...

    He does some pretty cool dance moves at the same time... robot hands, bum wiggling, etc.
    Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I ignored housework and made wonky cords for my boy on the weekend. I have a 3 year old daughter who needs pants, and well, of you are on a roll...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ivy reminds me of Bjork in the first photo. Bas has been loving his sloppy joe this week. Fabbo pants! I won't show him, or he'll be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fantastic job. I would love a pair. Amy is nearly 4 but very very slim or Isaac is 19 months old and a typical boy size If i win you can choose which grandchild you will make some groovy pants for Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. brown cord oh my - count me in have a 3 yo and a 5 yo (and a 39 year old ..I would so wear them...do you make them for 39 yos but I wouldnt be jumping on the couch I will leave that to Tom Cruise)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ivy is the best model I've ever seen. Well done you, clever thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love that model pose!
    Loving the cords too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at 'Von Trapp'. Would happily outfit either of my boys in said pants (same ages as your kids). They could serenade you with Do a Deer as payment... or not.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pants are fantastic & cute models too..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I am late to the party with this one. Those pants are awesome. As are those kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.