Saturday, July 10, 2010

Nothing Spells Glamour Like A Spew Wash.

So the kids are recovered from the snot festival, and I only have the last lingering symptoms, but Keith is pretty sick. He's got the rabbity eyes, the hacking cough and he's gone all cotton-woolish. Earlier he crawled down the hall back to bed to save energy.

But is he planning on playing soccer this afternoon? Oh yes, yes of course. Only the Ebola virus would keep him from his soccer game; and only then if his organs were actually liquefying. Your early-stage shakes and fevers would never keep him off the field.

I fear it will be a pitiful sight.

Now the colds are over the kids seem to have caught some sort of tummy bug. Let the night-spews begin! The house is groaning under the weight of stinky laundry and washing-up.

I've loaded the Ipod with interesting chatter, I've got my working boots on and I'm ready to take on the challenge. First; to rinse a voluptuous vomit off a straw rug under the tap of the water tank.

Wish me luck. I'm going in.

7 comments:

  1. Just caught up on your blog. Thanks for the distraction and thank you for your ability to keep communicating with me through this hard time. It really helps more than anything.
    I simply love the way you write. You have a way with words that makes me feel less alone in this world.
    Lots of love to you and all the family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good luck. I just experienced my first projectile vomiting the other day- never fun! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say, that heading is gold!

    Good luck xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I bet Keith just has man flu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!

    If it makes you feel any better, it's Snotfest 2010 over here.

    Three down, one to go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god I remember the stinky vomit nights. I would stagger into the bathroom at 3 am and throw armloads of bedding into the bath and shut the door. In the morning the smell in the bathroom wasn't quite strong enough to kill me. So I had to go outside and scrape all the chunks off the bedding and wonder what on earth I was going to do next as I didn't have a washing machine.

    fond memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.