Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week O'Mama's: Lexi

As you can probably tell, I really had to Photoshop the hell out of this next photo. Man, this family are ugly. Still, they've got personality.

Many of you won't need an introduction to the quirky stylings of Lexi from pottymouthmama, a sweet and eclectic space where Poetry hangs out with Parenting and Craft before meeting up with Design for a nice cup of tea and a honking belly laugh.

Here's Lexi:



When did you start blogging, and what do you use your blog for?

I started blogging a month after the birth of my second child, January 2008. My blog is a sort of record keeping space, where I like to log funny or memorable moments that occur in family life, and to create a loose sort of discipline to make myself write something daily.

How do you fit writing and reading other blogs into your day?

I squeeze it into some part of the day, or when the smalls are asleep. It’s just 20 sweet minutes of me time.

Has blogging had an impact on your parenting?

Yes. But in a positive way. I get to do something I love almost every single day. And I get to connect with other mums, and that’s pretty cool, especially since I had such a dud Mother’s Group that I dropped out of. Blogging has created a community for me.

Favourite mum-bloggers?

You, Rummage, Rummey Bears, Paper Dolls for Boys, Knot Sew Crafty, Meet me At Mikes, Fat Mum Slim.. Oh the list could go on.. Little Red Caboose, Hugo & Elsa..

A tale about your own Mum?

My Mum is an avid and keen gardener. One Mother’s day, I must have been about 3,I presented her with a small matchbox. I remember she was lying in bed and I was giddy with excitement. I love gift-giving. Mum slid the lid back on the small matchbox, and inside were a bunch of worms (albeit dead) for her garden. Mum loved this gift as though it was the best thing anyone had ever given her.

2 comments:

  1. Awww thanks for including me - you're the bomb. When are you conducting your self-interview? I would LOVE to read that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to one day get a matchbox full of dead worms!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.