Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sadness.

A tragically early death occured yesterday within the family. It's been a painful and heartbreaking time for Sam, Chris and their family, as they suffered with Trent through his battle against melanoma.

Some are bound to die young
By dying young a person stays young in people's memory.
If he burns brightly before he dies, his brightness shines for all time.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn

If you notice any change to shape or colour of moles, see a doctor immediately. Australia has the worlds highest incidence rate for melanoma. You can read more here.

Rest in peace, Trent.

10 comments:

  1. Much love to your family and friends at this time.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad. My thouhgts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and yours peace as you walk through your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful, sending big hugs to you all> It is such a timely reminder, I often think people think its not really serious as you can "just get it cut out..." we need to remember it is- and the sun here is bloody harsh.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this.

    We're all thinking of you in the Rummey household. Lots of love to you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i am so so so sorry to have heard this news. Sending love and warmth in this sad time...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts go out to you and your family. My aunt died of melanoma three years ago, it truly is awful. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your kindness everybody, I'll pass on your sweet wishes to Sam and Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to say I am thinking of you and sending good thoughts and love to you, your family & friends. It is so hard to lose someone special, take care and look after yourself. I thought that this post was very beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.