Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wedding - A Flapper Topper


Check it out: this beautiful cake topper was made by Californian Etsy artist Erin Tinney. She perfectly captured my request, with matching outfits, tiny flapper jewellery, and two sweet babies sitting at our feet. This arrived just in the nick of time, and I had to hide it from Keith because it showed the colour of my dress...

My sister Sam organised and beautifully decorated the cake and the always-reliable Mick and Bronnie picked it up for us after a last minute panic. Behind the cake you can see some of the 150 fine bone china cake plates that me, Mum, Sam, and half the women in our familes were collecting for months. What to do with them now, I wonder?


2 comments:

  1. I love the cake topper, strangely enough I have a small collection of these. The little children at the bottom look so sweet. As for the plates...could you give them to an organisation that helps feed homeless people? I'm sure someone would really appreciate them. Have a great week xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.