Friday, July 3, 2009

In which I confess to an affair with my breadmaker, and Keith lays down the rules on boogie etiquette.

A few people have asked me recently about bread-making.

I've always loved to bake bread, but my current oven foils me at every attempt. (Confession: if I cleaned it, results may change. I really will clean it soon. This weekend, probably. Totally.)

So my sis-in-law Karla lent me her breadmaker and I love it so much that if Keith jilted me at the altar I would not rule out walking it down the aisle, and later, dancing with it slowly and caressing its cold, white curves to the strains of 'My Heart Will Go On.'

I had a burst of creativity early, but these days I can throw together a basic bread recipe in 5 minutes so haven't been experimenting at all.

Rhonda at Down to Earth listed an excellent step-by-step bread tutorial recently though, and after mastering the basics you could move onto fabuloso fancypants recipes at Artisan Bread. Below is an amazing no-knead method which looks very cool. Can't vouch for it yet, but would be interested to hear if any of you give it a try. Link via Vents de Boheme.




And now, to bed. Sick kids. Much work. This morning in bed Keith had to use the Voice Of Authority as he told Ivy 'Stop that naughty boogie behaviour right now.'

runny nose
+
so many boogies
+
so many funny places to put them
+
all funny places naughty
=
Terrible, terrible frustration for a two-year-old.

1 comment:

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.