Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Kindly and lyrical Amber over The Nutrients Of Life sent me a Watermelon Award - which says that my blog is sweet and refreshing.
Or seedy, dense and bad with beer.
Its not like I have to dust off my mascara, wax my legs and thank my heavenly father, but still, it's not often I get an award! (If I did, here would be my top picks: 1. Nicest snack pack. 2. Best making-a-banana-dance-in-the-front-seat-to-amuse-the-kids, and 3. Most patient response to wee on the carpet/kick in the head/keys down the toilet. )
So I'm supposed to name 6 things that make me happy, and then pick 6 of my own favourite blogs.
1. Number one with a (chocolate) bullet: Keith, Ivy and Theoodore, my three beloveds. It's some kind of karmic Lotto that I get to wake up with, go to bed with, and hang out with them every day. Bliss indeed.
2. Dark chocolate, a new issue of Grass Roots magazine, a free hour and a hot bath.
3. Tucking tracksuit pants into socks, and t-shirts into tracksuit pants, as Keith and I joyfully slide into middle age.
4. Coming home and hearing Teddy trip over his own feet and hands as he tries desperately to crawl at a gallop up the hall to Mummy. If he was a cartoon, he'd be a gormless puppy with legs cartwheeling in the air. Oh, to be loved!
6. Watching series TV on DVD with Keith while babies sleep. Currently - The Wire and the L Word are nicely feeding the two sides of my brain... where I just might be a hip Californian lesbian with an edgy haircut, a desk in Homicide and an unresolved dark past.
And now, to share the sweet and sticky love:
Jo: one half of the Thorneley funny-twins. Jo's best moment- when she realised that 'swine flu' was the past tense of 'pigs fly.'
Shelley: the other half. Also wet-your-pants funny. And if we ever get the band back together, we can revisit our three part harmony to 'You Are My Sunshine' on the nose-flute.
Christel: A new eco-for-kids blog with interesting links and a little Gallic style.
Tori: Food. Porn.
Total Sustainability: Such a great blog about an inspiring way of life.
PottyMouth Mama: Sweet, personal, quirky. Humour and love for her family infuse every post. A great read.
Thanks to you all for sweetening my days.