Monday, April 6, 2009

Seaside Arts Festival

The Thirroul Seaside Arts Festival was on yesterday, up at a nearby beach, with sculpture, camels, a petting zoo, and overweight dancing teens in spangly hotpants. Fantastic! Ivy had her hair sprayed wild colours and watched the dancing from high atop her favourite donkey.



















Teddy rode in style too.


















Picnic lunch on the grass, although Ivy didn't want her carrot.




Funny how its value soared when her brother took it.





















I had a free foot massage. Delicious. 'What do you do?' asked the footist. 'Look after the kids, mostly,' I said. 'That's good!' she replied. 'God has a special place in his heart for stay-at-home mothers.'

What about company directors? Or dental hygienists? Doesn't seem fair to me. I didn't mention the atheism or the illegitimate offspring. It seemed churlish in the face of the lovely massage. But I think this picture might be about the moment I made the Christian-footwashing-proselytising connection.

















At the end of the day, Ivy rode her favourite creature off all - the Big Girl! What a good donkey Moana was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.