Friday, November 30, 2007

what a Ruddy great weekend

Oh frabjous day!

I have made fire!

I can jump puddles!

Insert your own yelp of excitement here. To plagiarise Bianca Martin (she won't notice, shes' just completed 48 hours of labour)... It's about Ruddy time! Jubilation and champagene all round.

It's been a while, but funny things have happened. Here are two: 1. In Canberra I overheard a young male student tell his friend 'I totally have to get hold of some mescaline so Josh and I can take a spirit walk.' 2. In Thirroul last week an otherwise unremarkable nanna had made the bizare sartorial decision to team a t-shirt with her slacks and Dr Scholls that read in giant fluoro letters 'Me Love You Long Time'...Oh dear. You had to ask yourself how much time she had left to love in.

Saw Sam last week in Canowindra. Great to play babies. Ivy didn't cry too many times at being climbed by Isabelle. I surfed their cable TV and felt a bit sick after over-indulging in 'The Girls of The Playboy Mansion', 'Doctor 90210' and 'What Not To Wear'. We made the 5-hour drive home on Sunday to get in twenty minutes before the neighbours were arriving for a party. Threw some pate on a plate, blew the dust off the wineglasses and we all proceeded to get quickly pissed in honour of Kevin.

Ivy dislikes sleeping currently. We hope it will pass. Otherwise she is growing like a weed, loves to turn the lights on and off and can obey the command 'put it on your head.'

This week we welcome another two lovely baby boys - Xavier and Auden. Big congratulations to Cindy, Pete, Bianca and Rich.

Tonight I'm cooking a zucchini pasta fresh from the garden and we've got Knocked Up on video - we laugh every time we remember David Stratton's review of it on the Movie Show. He was very disgruntled as he complained 'Throughout the whole film, Katherine Heigl never took her bra off.'

1 comment:

  1. I've met more hoWARard moaners up here out of NGOland than ever before.
    The last labour was good, this labour will be better - I've requested Rudd at the bedside but unlike Ivy we can't put this one on his head.
    Lots of loveto you my friend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.