Sunday, June 17, 2007

fratty the secret day


It's the end of a cruisey Sunday. The sun has emerged for the first time in a week or so, after a downpour of biblical proportions. It drowned the gardens and overflowed the tanks. Ivy pulled her first carrot in this morning's damage inspection.

We first tried formula today too - I'm starting to wean her. At this stage she has three solid feeds and five boob jobs a day. I'm going to replace one feed with formula to start with, and take it slow. We're trying to skip bottles and use the sippie cup, but she doesn't really understand what it's for.

Went for a walk down at the rocks and gave Ivy a stone-skipping lesson. We've been talking about status anxiety, bowel gas and Henry VIII, watching Season 3 of the West Wing and reading the leftover bits of yesterdays paper in bed.

The paintings for the bedroom are nearly finished. I've been working on those while Keith has been playing a strange strategy game he discovered online. It looks like a cross between Tetris and chess played with Japanese bubbles. I'd ask how it works but I'm scared he'd tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for talking to me. I don't got cooties. Oh, except for when I got cooties.